Voltarol Pain-eze Emulgel - 100g
For rheumatic, joint and muscular sprains, strains and bruises
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children aged 14 & over
Active ingredients: Diclofenac Diethylammonium
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 52 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Voltarol Emulgel contains the active substance Diclofenac which belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is specially formulated for rubbing into the skin and used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation and swelling in painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles. Voltarol Emulgel can be used to treat:
- muscle and joint injuries (e.g. sprains, strains, bruises, backache, sports injuries)
- tendonitis (e.g. tennis elbow)
Adults and children aged 14 and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet before using this product.
Adults and children aged 14 and over: Use an amount the size of a one penny or two penny piece and rub gently into the skin over the affected site. Apply 3 - 4 times daily to the affected area of skin. Do not use for more than 7 days, unless longer treatment is recommended by a doctor. Do not exceed the stated dose. Wash hands after use (unless they are the site being treated).
Not for use on children under 14 years.
If symptoms worsen or persist for longer than 7 days, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
For external use only. Not to be taken orally.
Do not use if you:
- are allergic to, or ever had an asthma attack, wheezing, urticaria (hives) or a runny nose after taking aspirin or other NSAID pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, or if you are sensitive to diclofenac or any other ingredient of the gel.
- are in the last 3 months of your pregnancy
- have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the product
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- are taking oral diclofenac, aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAID medicines. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you suffer from asthma, have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, or are taking any prescribed medicines.
Do not cover with a bandage or plaster.
Do not use Voltarol Emulgel after the expiry date stated on the carton and tube.
When using for the first time, reverse the cap, engage with the nozzle, twist and remove the seal from the tube.
Do not use if seal is broken.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Do not store above 30°C.
Keep all medicines out of reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Active Ingredient: Diclofenac Diethylammonium 1.16% w/w
Also contains: Diethylamine, Carbomers, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Cocoyl Caprylcaprate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Liquid Paraffin, Perfume (contains Benzyl Benzoate), Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.