See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Voltarol Emulgel P (Diclofenac diethylammonium) penetrates pain and inflammation relief. Voltarol Emulgel P to help treat:
- joint and muscular sprains
Voltarol Emulgel P penetrates the skin to bring direct relief from pain and inflammation to the affected area. Its soothing, cooling formula is non-greasy and non-staining.
Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and above.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
How to use Voltarol Emulgel P:
- Remove the seal from the end of the tube, see carton for details. Do not use if the seal is broken.
- Gently rub a small amount of gel into the skin around the painful or swollen area. The amount of gel needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area. Usually, a quantity the size of a penny or 2 pence piece will be sufficient.
- You can apply the gel 3 to 4 times a day unless your doctor or pharmacist tells you otherwise. You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel into the skin.
- Do not rub the gel into cuts, open wounds or any other area where the skin is abnormal. After rubbing the gel into the skin, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster.
- Be careful not to get the gel in your eyes. if this happens, rinse your eyes with clean water and tell your doctor.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in the gel (unless they are the site being treated).
If symptoms worse or persist for longer than 7 days, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before use read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
Do not use:
- if you are allergic to, or ever had an asthma attack, wheezing, urticaria (hives) or a runny nose after taking aspirin or other NSAID pain/ anti-inflammatory medicine, or if you are sensitive to diclofenac or any other ingredient of the gel.
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not store above 25°C
Diethylamine, acrylic acid polymer, polyoxyethylene glycol cetyl ether, caprylic/ capric acid fatty alcohol ester, isoproply alcohol, liquid paraffin, propylene glycol, water, perfume.