Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation with SPF35 30ml
I don't usually review things, this being my first on this site. I just had to after I used this product. I purchased it in shade 15 as I have very light skin but it is plagued with problems. For the first time in over four years I can see my face without a barrage of redness, spots and dark patches. I would recommend this a million times over, it lasts ages so you don't need to buy it often making it excellent value for money.
May 7, 2014
So, I bought this today in the shade nude and sand. I got home and swatch it on and then applied it on by blending the two shades. This really is a corrective foundation and it hides all my imperfections I still have the foundation on while I am reviewing this and doesn't look cakey or anything like that. This product is really good for my skin as I have a very oily skin and I set it using the rimmel mattifying powder. Since my No7 foundation dissapointed me alot a will be using this everyday and I will definitely repurchase this foundation. Definitely worth my money xx
June 4, 2014
There are pros and cons...
I decided to buy Dermablend as I have a very uneven skintone - my nose and chin are usually quite red and my cheeks have marks/scars from ongoing laser treatments. I was fed up of this redness and the marks shining through my usual foundation and I was also fed up of looking orange.
1. I chose the lightest colour and I was so happy that I didn't turn orange!! When I put it on, there was only the tiniest difference in colour between my face and neck, which was easily fixed with some blending. No amount of blending with my previous foundations would ever disguise the orange tide line. Some foundations can turn orange-y through the day when they mix with the oils in your skin etc, but by the end of the day it still looked as good as it had done when I'd applied it.
2. It covers imperfections well. I can't comment on the effect it has covering acne, for example, but it did a good job of covering my uneven skin tone. Once the setting powder was on, the colour of my skin was flawless.
3. The staying power. My foundation lasted my whole shift at work and still looked great.
1. Not a huge negative, as it can be rectified, but the foundation is VERY oily/slimy/shiny and cakey when first applied. I was worried that I'd made a mistake in buying it, but when you put the setting powder on top it makes all the difference, the oilyness and cakeyness disappears. So you must buy the two products together or it just won't work the way it's intended.
2. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you sweat a lot. My workplace gets very hot but I managed to stop myself sweating too much during the day... however, on the walk home (up a big hill) I began to sweat. I checked my foundation when I got home and it just looked awful. I sweat mostly on my cheeks, just under my eyes, and on my forehead and the foundation in those areas had come off in patches, making it look horribly caked on. I'm still going to use the foundation, but I will be very conscious of trying not to sweat, as it really doesn't look good.
I do think the price is a bit steep, especially when combined with the setting powder, which you must buy!! However, I'm still prepared to pay it, as I think this may be the foundation for me. I would recommend this for those of you with uneven skintone and those of you who have trouble with lighter foundations looking orange on your skin.
June 20, 2014