Tums Assorted Fruit Antacid Tablets - 75 Tablets
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults & children aged 12 years & over
Active ingredients: Calcium carbonate 500mg
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Tums Assorted Fruit Antacid Tablets provides fast effective relief from indigestion, heartburn and trapped wind. Neutralises excess stomach acid.
Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
Adults and children 12 years and over: Suck or chew 1 to 2 tablets when needed, up to a maximum of 16 tablets (7 if you are pregnant) in 24 hours.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not take Tums if you:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients.
- Have kidney problems (e.g. kidney stones) or thyroid problems
- Are on a low phosphate diet
- Have a high blood calcium level
- Are taking heart tablets called cardiac glycosides (e.g. digoxin)
- Have Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour that secretes gastric)
- Are under 12 years
- Have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- Have diabetes
- Are taking other medicines, such as tetracycline antibiotics, bisphosphonates (for your bones) or thiazide diuretics (water tablets)
- If you take to many tablets contact your doctor or casualty department
- You may get constipation, wind or changes in your blood while using Tums.
- You may get heartburn after you stop taking the tablets.
- If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- Colours E110 & E124 can cause allergic reactions.
Do not store above 25°C
Store in the original pack.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Calcium carbonate 500 mg
Active ingredient: Each tablet contains Calcium carbonate 500 mg
Other ingredients: Dextrose, Maize starch, Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium sterate and Sodium saccharin. Flavours blackcurrant, cherry, lemon and orange. Colours: patent blue V (E131), ponceau 4R (E124), quinoline yellow (E104) and sunset yellow (E110).