Sudocrem Nappy Rash
What is nappy rash?
Nappy rash is one of the most common skin conditions in the early stages of a baby’s life. At some point in the first two years your baby will probably get it.
Nappy rash is an irritation of the skin, often caused by contact with wee and poo in a nappy. It starts with a slight reddening of the skin in the nappy area and can progress to soreness and discomfort.
But don’t feel guilty if your baby does develop nappy rash. It doesn’t mean you’re not doing a wonderful job caring for your baby – dealing with nappy rash is just a part of being a parent!
What causes nappy rash?
- Wee in contact with baby’s skin
- Ammonia released after wee and poo mix, inflaming the skin
- Friction caused by the nappy rubbing against your baby’s delicate skin
- Washing detergents not thoroughly rinsed out of reusable nappies
- Certain triggers including weaning, teething, vaccinations, illness and antibiotics
How can I treat nappy rash?
If your baby is suffering from nappy rash, you can use Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream* to soothe and heal your baby’s skin. However, the very best way to deal with nappy rash is to help prevent it in the first place by using Sudocrem Care & Protect at every nappy change.
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream*
Sudocrem Care & Protect
Sudocrem was developed more than 85 years ago, so we’ve been caring for skin for a long time. At Sudocrem we only believe in creating products that really work.
*Always read the label