Soleve sunburn relief cutaneous emulsion 100ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 36 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Soleve is a smooth, white lotion containing ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory painkiller, and isopropyl myristate, a moisturiser, to relieve the discomfort of mild to moderate sunburn. Please scroll down to view active ingredients.
Suitable For Adults and children over the age of 12 years. Active ingredients Ibuprofen 1% w/w, isopropyl myristate 10% w/w.
Adults and children over 12 years
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Read and retain the enclosed patient information leaflet.
Apply a small quantity of lotion to the affected areas. The amount needed depends on the area which is sunburnt, but as a very rough guide, an amount ranging from a 1 penny piece to a 2 penny piece will usually be sufficient. Re-apply as required, up to eight times daily. Allow a minimum of two hours between applications. Do not exceed the stated dose. Wash hands after use, unless treating them. Seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
• It is very important to protect the skin against sun damage. Spend time in the shade between 11am and 3pm.
• Sun protection should be applied thickly at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
• Sun protection should be at least SPF 30 and should block both UVA and UVB rays.
• Sun protection should be re-applied regularly,especially after swimming.
• Sunglasses should be worn to protect the eyes,and should have UV filters.
• The face and scalp burn readily,so wear a hat with a brim.
• Cover easily burnt areas such as the shoulders and upper arms.
Hazards and Cautions
BEFORE USING SOLEVE:
Do not use on infected, diseased, damaged or broken
skin (this includes skin with sunburn blisters).
• Not to be used if sunburn is severe or covers a large
proportion of the body.
• Not to be used on children under the age of 12 years.
• Not to be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
• Although there is less risk of Soleve causing the
complications that sometimes arise when ibuprofen
(or similar anti-inflammatory painkillers) are taken by
mouth, patients with asthma, an active peptic ulcer,
or a history of kidney problems should seek medical
advice before use.
• Do not use in cases of sensitivity to any of the
ingredients, or if allergic to aspirin and other painkillers
KEEP OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
Do not store above 25°C. Replace cap tightly after use
This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
ibuprofen 1% w/w, isopropyl myristate 10% w/w.
Also contains: Coconut Oil; Carbomers; Sorbitan Laurate; 2-Diethylaminoethanol; Phenoxyethanol; Purified Water.