Senokot Natural Laxative 20 Tablets
See details below, always read the label
Suitbale for: Adults and children over the age of 6 years.
Active ingredients: Senna fruit
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Not available online
Only available in our in-store pharmacies.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 8 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note you will be required to sign for this delivery.
Senokot is a reliably effective laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional or non-persistent constipation.
- Gentle effective constipation relief
- Works in 8-12 hours.
- Predictable relief.
- Helps restore your natural rhythm.
- Contains natural rhythm.
Adults and children over the age of 6 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the product information before use.
Senokot Tablets are for oral adminstration.
Adults and children over 12: Take 2 tablets at night (Do not take more than 2 tablets in any 24 hour period).
Children 6 and over: consult your doctor.
Not recommended for children under 6.
Senokot usually acts within 8-12 hours. Dose can be repeated on a daily basis until bowel action is restored, but if there is no bowel movement within three days of use, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of reach of children.
Consult your doctor if:
- laxatives are needed every day, or abdominal pain persists.
- you accidently take too many tablets.
- if you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Do not take if:
- your abdomen is tender to the touch or hurts when you move.
- you have sharp or persistent stomach pain.
You may experience temporary mild stomach pains. If you have these or any other symptoms after taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Store below 25°C.
Store in the original package.
Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack (EXP month/year).
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredient: Senna fruit 154mg
Also contains: Calcium phosphate, Maize starch, Magnesium stearate and Lactose monohydrate.