Senokot Max Strength Senna - 24 tablets
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children 12 years and over.
Active Ingredients: Senna
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you will need to be in to sign for this delivery
Senokot Max Strength Senna.
A laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional or non-persistent constipation.
Adults and children 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: swallow one tablet at night.
Children aged 12 years and under: Not recommended.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Duration of use
Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week.
Use for more than 1-2 weeks requires medical supervision.
Tell a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- the symptions worsen, or persist during the use of the medicinal product.
- there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use.
- you need to take laxatives everyday if abdominal pain persists.
Consult your doctor and take this leaflet with you.
It may be harmful to take too much of this medicine or take it for too long. This is because it may lead to:
- A 'lazy bowel', where the muscle in the bowel becomes too relaxed. This means that bowel emptying happens less often. This can lead to long-term constipation.
- Imbalance of fluids and salts in the body. This can affect the tightness of muscles such as those in the bowel. It can also affect the salts in the blood.
- Low levels of potassium in the blood (called hypo-kalaemia). This can make you tired, dizzy, make yout muscles weak and cause an ueven heart-beat.
- Dehydration, making you thirsty, feel faint and giving you headaches. It can also mean that you cannot pass enough urine.
If you miss a dose, take your next dose at the usual time. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for the missed dose.
Always consult your doctor if you need further advice,
Hazards and Cautions
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor.
Always read the product information before taking this medicine
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you suffer from allergies.
Active Ingredients: Each tablet contains standardised senna equivalent to 15mg total sennosides.