Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lip Liner
does not stop lipstick from bleeding
I thought this would be a great lip liner to cover all lipstick colours but I have been very disappointed with it.It does not stop lipstick from bleeding.
December 18, 2013
A "go to" for me!
I'd been looking for a good non-drying neutral, or ideally transparent, lip-liner that will keep everything in place...
- I'm always wary of many (coloured) lip-liners as I find they can be quite drying and when used to fill-in the lip to keep lippie in place, can leave me with a nasty dried-out effect quite quickly.
- Like many people, it's not always easy to find a good colour-match to my natural lip-colour, and I don't fancy buying a lip-liner for each lipstick I own!
- I'm not keen on the transparent un-liners (where you draw around the outside of the lip, rather than on the lip-line itself) as I've found them a bit like applying a line of vaseline, leaving a shiny line around the outside of my lips :-/
- I also couldn't track-down the transparent lip-liner in a higher priced name brand that I was looking for.
... So, I am SOOO happy to have found this Rimmel lip-liner!
I use it to outline and then fill-in my lips, everyday, with all/any of my different lipsticks etc.:
* It really does keep all of my lipsticks etc. in place A Lot longer than without.
* There's No drying of my lips at all.
* Because it seems quite moisturising, I've not experienced any feathering or bleeding - but I'm not sure whether this would be as effective at preventing that if it is a big issue for you(?)
* As it is transparent, there's no issues with colour-match / visible line.
* It has a twist-base, rather than needing to sharpen it - which personally I find a lot more convenient (less wastage and less hassle).
* The stick itself lasts as long as you'd expect any lipliner to last (i.e. in terms of the amount you get etc.) and it's a good price, and I stocked-up when it was 3 for 2!
Thanks Rimmel, I'm really please - it's exactly what I was looking for!
March 19, 2014
I bought this as I thought it was a good idea to buy one lipliner that could be used for all colours of lipstick. I tried time and time again with glossy and matte finishes of lipstick, as well as colours - it did not work at all at providing a barrier for the lipstick as it still bled and feathered. Disappointed. Avoid.
September 5, 2015