See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 352 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Regaine for Men Extra Strength is used to treat common hereditary hair loss in men aged 18-65 years. It is thought that it works by aiding the blood flow to the cells in your scalp which grow hair. The exact process by which this occurs is not known.
Regaine for Men Extra Strength works best in men with hair loss or thinning at the top of the scalp. Those who are younger, losing hair for a short period of time or have a small area of baldness are likely to respond best to Regaine for Men Extra Strength.
What Results Can Be Expected?
Regaine for Men Extra Strength will not work for everyone and it is not possible to predict how you will respond.
Hair growth is a slow process hence Regaine For Men Extra Strength takes a few months to work. In clinical trials 3 out of 5 men reported hair re-growth after 48 weeks of continual use.
Hair re-growth should become more noticeable after 2 months. Hair growth will be soft and downy at the start but should eventually become the same as normal hair. There may be a temporary increase in hair loss initially after 2-6 weeks of use. This is likely to be a result of the hair re-growth cycle and should subside within a couple of weeks. If shedding persists for longer than 2 weeks you should stop using Regaine for Men Extra Strength and consult your doctor.
If there is no re-growth after 12 months it is very unlikely that you will respond and you should stop using Regaine for Men Extra Strength.
You should continue to use Regaine for Men Extra Strength every day if re-growth occurs, to maintain re-growth. If you stop using Regaine for Men Extra Strength, re-grown hair may disappear within 3-4 months.
The solution is also available in 3 month and 12 month supplies.
Suitable for men 18 to 65 years of age
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Apply a 1ml dose to the total affected area twice daily (with a 12 hour interval in between) using the appropriate applicator. Each applicator is designed to accurately release a 1ml dose when used as described in the Product information leaflet
- Do not exceed 2ml in a day and do not use more than twice a day. Exceeding the recommended dose will not re-grow your hair any more quickly and you may risk side effects
- If you miss one or two applications, just carry on as normal as if you had not missed the dose – do not use twice as much or twice as often
- Always wash your hands thoroughly after applying Regaine for Men Extra Strength and rinse other areas that have come into contact with Regaine for Men Extra Strength
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use if you:
- Suffer from a problem with blood pressure
- Don't know why you're losing your hair - see your doctor
- Have sudden or patchy hair loss
- Have other conditions associated with your hair loss
- Have a red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp, or a shaven head
- Are using other medicines on your scalp
Not suitable for:
For men over 65 years of age.
Always read the pack instructions before using this product.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Minoxidil
Ethanol (alcohol), propylene glycol, water.