See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Pepto Bismol Chewable Peppermint Tablets contain the active ingredient bismuth subsalicylate. The active works with the other ingredients for fast relief of heartburn, indigestion, nausea, upset stomach and to control diarrhoea.
Protective coating action.
Adults aged 16 years and over.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For adults and children over 16 years only:
Chew or dissolve two tablets (one dose) in your mouth. Repeat the dose every 30-60 minutes if necessary.Do not take more than 16 tablets in 24 hours.Only use as directed. If used for longer than 2 days or at higher doses than recommended,there is an increased possibility of side effects.
If you have diarrhoea, it is important to prevent or treat dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids or taking oral rehydration products, especially if you are frail or elderly. Do not exceed the stated dose or use after the expiry date stated on the side of the pack.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE:
- under 16 years, due to a possible association between salicylates and Reye's syndrome (a very rare but very serious disease)
- allergic to salicylates including aspirin or any of the other ingredients
- taking other salicylates including aspirin
- pregnant or breastfeeding.
- thinning the blood (anticoagulants)
- This product may cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the stool or tongue. If symptoms do not disappear after 3 days or stopping product use - consult your doctor or pharmacist.
STOP USING and SEE YOUR DOCTOR IF:
- symptoms are severe or persist for more than 2 days
- diarrhoea is accompanied by fever
- you notice anything unusual or have unexpected side effects
- you accidentally take too many tablets.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Calcium Carbonate, Mannitol, Povidone, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Amaranth Aluminium Lake (E123), Saccharin Sodium, Peppermint flavour, Vanilla Cream flavour, Aspartame (E951).