See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 32 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Pepto-Bismol 17.5mg/ml Oral Suspension.
Fast relief of:
- Upset stomach
Adults and children aged 16 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
If you have any questions ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Shake well before use. For oral administration.
Adults and children aged 16 years and over: 30ml in dosing cup and swallow. Repeat dosage every half to 1 hour as needed. No more than 8 doses to be taken in 24 hours.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
Do not exceed the stated dose or use after expiry date.
Do not use Pepto Bismol:
- For those aged under 16 years due to a possible association between salicylates and Reye's Syndrome, a very rare but very serious disease.
- If you are allergic to salicylates including aspirin, or any of the ingredients
- With other salicylates including aspirin
- Symptoms are severe or persist for more than 2 days
- Diarrhoea is accompanied by fever
- You notice anything unusual or have any unexpected effects
- You accidentally take too much product
- Anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
- Pregnant or breastfeeding - ask a healthcare professional before use.
asthma, and benzoic acid which is a mild irritant to skin, eyes and gums.
NOTE: the product may cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue.
Store below 25ºC.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Bismuth Subsalicylate 87.6mg.
Active Ingredients : Each 5ml dose contains 87.6 mg Bismuth Subsalicylate.
Also Contains: Aluminium Magnesium Silicate, Methylcellulose, Methyl Salicylate, Sorbic Acid (E200), Benzoic Acid (E210), Salicylic Acid, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Salicylate, Amaranth (E123), and Purified Water.