See details below, always read the label.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Pepto-Bismol 17.5mg/ml Oral Suspension is for fast relief of heartburn, indigestion, nausea and upset stomach. It also controls diarrhoea.
PROTECTIVE COATING ACTION: forms a soothing, protective, antiseptic coating of your stomach and intestine.
Adults aged 16 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Read the instructions carefully before taking the product - if you have any questions ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Shake well before use.
For oral administration.
Age 16 and up: 30ml in dosing cup and swallow. Repeat dosage every half to 1 hour as needed. No more than 8 doses to be taken in 24 hours.
Do not exceed the stated dose or use after the expiry date.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT USE:
- For those aged under 16 years due to a possible association between salicylates and Reye's Syndrome, a very rare but very serious disease.
- If you are allergic to salicylates including aspirin, or any of the ingredients.
- With other salicylates including aspirin.
- Symptoms are severe or persist for more than 2 days.
- Diarrhoea is accompanied by fever.
- You notice anything unusual or have any unexpected effects.
- You accidentally take too much product.
- Anticoagulation (thinning the blood).
- Pregnant or breastfeeding - ask a health professional before use.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
NOTE: The product may cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue.
Store below 25ºC.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Also contains: Aluminium Magnesium Silicate, Methylcellulose, Methyl Salicylate, Sorbic Acid (E200), Benzoic Acid (E210), Salicylic Acid, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Salicylate, Amaranth (E123), and Purified Water.