Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets - 16 Tablets
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 4 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets are faster absorbed than standard paracetamol tablets
Panadol Advance 500 mg Tablets are suitable for:
- tension headache
- rheumatic and muscle pain
- period pain.
- Sore throat and fever
- The aches and pains of colds and flu
- Pain due to mild arthritis
Suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
How to take Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets?
Adults and children 12 years and older:
Swallow 2 Panadol Advance tablets every 4 hours as needed
Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
Children (6 -12 years):
Give 1/2 to 1 Panadol Advance tablet every 4 hours as needed
Do not give more than 4 tablets in 24 hours
Do not give for more than 3 days unless your doctor tells you to
Do not use Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets:
- Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours
- Do not take more than the recommended dose
- For children under 6 years of age
- With any other paracetamol-containing products
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets if you are
- Sensitive to paracetamol or to any of the other ingredient
- Taking any other medicines containing paracetamol
- Under 6 years of age
- Have severe liver or kidney disease, including alcoholic liver disease
- Suffer from mild arthritis and need to take painkillers every day
- Metoclopramide or domperidone (for nausea [feeling sick] or vomiting [being sick])
- Cholestyramine (to lower cholesterol)
- Blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants e.g. warfarin). But you can still take occasional doses of Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets at the same time as anticoagulants.
- If you need to take a painkiller on a daily basis over a long period talk to your doctor because of the risk of bleeding.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding: Talk to your doctor before you take Panadol Advance 500mg if you are pregnant. You can take this medicine whilst breast feeding.
Like all medicines, Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets can have side effects, but not everybody gets them
Stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
- allergic reactions, such as skin rash.
These effects should go away once you stop taking the medicine.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Paracetamol 500 mg.
Active ingredient: Paracetamol 500 mg.
Also contains : Pregelatinised starch, calcium carbonate, alginic acid, crospovidone, povidone, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and sodium methyl (E 219), sodium ethyl (E 215), and sodium propyl (E 217) parahydroxybenzoates.
Panadol Advance tablet coating contains:
Opadry white and carnauba wax.
The parahydroxybenzoates may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed)
Panadol Advance contains the active ingredient:
Paracetamol which is a pain killer and also reduces your temperature when you have a fever.