See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock sold out
We're sorry, this product has sold out and we won't be receiving any further stock.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
For the short term treatment of acute, moderate pain which is not relieved when other painkillers have not worked.
For relief from:
- Cramping period pain
- Dental pain
- Back pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular pain
Adults, the elderly & children 12 years and older.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral administration & short term use only.
Adults the elderly and children 12 years and older: Swallow 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
Hazards and Cautions
If you need to use this medicine continuously for more than 3 days, see your doctor or pharmacist. This medicine contains codeine which can cause addiction if you take it continuously for more than 3 days. If you take this medicine for headaches for more than 3 days it can make them worse.
Do not take if you:
- have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredients of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
Speak to a pharmacist/doctor before taking if you:
- have or have has asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, liver, heart, kidney or bowel problems
- are a smoker
- are pregnant
Store in a dry place below 25°C.
Store in the original pack.
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days, worsen or new symptoms occur consult your doctor.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Ibuprofen, Codeine phosphate
Active Ingredients: Ibruprofen 200mg and Codeine phosphate 12.8mg.
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium starch glycollatre, Starch pregelatinised, Hypromellose, opaspray white M-1-17111 B and Talc