For three days use only. Can cause addiction.
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Nurofen Plus Tablets are for the short term treatment of acute moderate pain when other painkillers have not worked. Do not take less than four hours after taking other painkillers.
For relief from:
- Cramping period pain
- Dental pain
- Back pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular pain
Adults and children over 12 years of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For full details on how to use this product please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
For oral administration and short term use only.
Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and older: swallow 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days, worsen or if new symptoms occur consult your doctor.
WARNING: Do not exceed the stated dose.
Hazards and Cautions
If you need to use this medicine continuously for more than 3 days, see your doctor or pharmacist. This medicine contains codeine which can cause addiction if you take it continuously for more than 3 days. If you take this medicine for headaches for more than 3 days it can make them worse.
DO NOT TAKE IF YOU:
- Have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding.
- Are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers.
- Are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg.
- All children under 18 years who undergo an operation to remove their tonsils or adenoids for obstructive sleep apnoea should not take codeine
- Have or have had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, liver, heart, kidney or bowel problems.
- Are a smoker.
- Are pregnant.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Ibuprofen, Codeine Phosphate.
Active Ingredients : Ibuprofen 200mg, Codeine Phosphate 12.8mg
Also Contains : Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycollate, Starch Pregelatinised, Hypromellose, Opaspray White M-1-17111 B and Talc.