See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Nurofen for Children Strawberry is an oral suspension for babies and children from 3 months designed to relieve pain and reduce fever. It is taken by mouth.
Fast, effective relief:
- reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
- symptoms of cold and flu
- sore throats
- minor aches
Children 3 months to 12 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
To be taken by the mouth.
For oral and short term use only.
Shake the bottle well before use.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately (see leaflet for details).
Fever caused by immunisation:
- Babies and Children 3 months and over weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose, then if necessary give a further 2.5ml 6 hours later
If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
Fever and Pain:
- 3-6 months (weighing more than 5kg): One 2.5ml dose 3 times in a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen, consult your doctor.
- 6-12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hours
- 1-3 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 4-6 years: One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 7-9 years: One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 10-12 years: One 15ml (5ml + 5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
These doses should be given every 6 to 8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this medicine:
Do not give to babies or children who:
- are under 3 months old or weigh less than 5kg
- has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- have a fructose intolerance.
- has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated.
- trying to get pregnant
- being elderly
- being a smoker
Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to.
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: 100mg Ibuprofen.
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid.
See leaflet for further information.