See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Nurofen for Children Orange reduces:
- Temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
- Sore throats
- Minor aches
For babies aged 3 months (and weighing more than 5kg) to 12 years of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Only give this product to a baby under 3 months old if your doctor tells you to.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately (see leaflet for details). Push the syringe firmly into the neck of the bottle and shake well. Turn the bottle upside down, and gently pull the plunger down drawing the liquid into the syringe. After use wash and rinse the syringe parts in warm water.
Fever and pain:
Child aged 3-6 months (weighing more than 5kg): 2.5 ml - 3 times in 24 hours
Child aged 6-12 months: 2.5ml - 3 or 4 times in 24 hours
Child aged 1-3 years: 5ml - 3 times in 24 hours
child aged 4-6 years: 7.5ml - 3 times in 24 hours
Child aged 7-9 years: 10ml - 3 times in 24 hours
Child aged 10-12 years: 15ml - 3 times in 24 hours
The doses should be given approximately every 6 to 8 hours (or with a minimum of 4 hours between each dose if required)
Fever caused by immunisation:
Give 2.5ml, then if necessary give a further 2.5ml 6 hours later
Give no more than a total 5ml in 24 hours
If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor
Do not give to babies aged 3 to 6 months for more than 24 hours
Do not give to children 6 months and older for more than 3 days
Talk to your doctor promptly if your child's symptoms persist for longer than these times or you are concerned
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this medicine:
Do not give to babies or children who:
- Are under 3 months old or weigh less than 5kg
- Have or have ever had a stomach ulcer, or perforation or bleeding of the stomach
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients or to aspirin or to other painkillers
- Suffer from severe liver, kidney or heart problems
- Are taking other NSAID painkillers
- Have a fructose intolerance
- are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- have asthma, liver, heart or bowel problems.
- are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Do not store above 25°C
For short term use only.
Keep all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredient: Ibuprofen 100mg
Also contains: Maltitol Syrup, Water, Glycerol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Orange Flavour, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Domiphen Bromide.