See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
J Collis Browne’s mixture relieves coughs and the symptoms of diarrhoea.
The medicine contains morphine which helps calm and reduce the effects of diarrhoea and griping pains.
It also contains peppermint oil which calms the stomach and relieves flatulence and griping
Adults, the elderly & children over 12 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
This medicine can make you feel sleepy. Do not drive while taking this medicine, until you know how it makes you feel. see the leaflet inside for more information.
Shake the bottle - may be taken alone or with water.
Take this medicine by mouth
Adults, the Elderly and Children over 12 years:
Take two or three 5 ml spoonfuls. (10-15 ml) every 4 hours up to a maximum of three doses.
Adults, the Elderly and Children over 12 years:
Take one or two 5 ml spoonfuls. (5-10 ml) every 4 hours.
Elderly and debilitated patients:
Ask your doctor for advice. A lower dose might be more suitable.
Not suitable for children under 12 years of age
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE
If you symptoms persist, you should ask your doctor for advice.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine
Do not use the medicine if you or your child have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients
- Shallow breath or breathing difficulties
- A head injury or persistent headache
- An asthma attack
- Taken MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors) for depression within the last two weeks
- A blocked intestine or inflammation of your colon or rectum
- An addiction to alcohol
- Or your child is under 6 years old
- Kidney or liver problems
- Low blood pressure
- Prostate problems
- An under active thyroid gland
- Epilepsy or fits
- An addiction to drugs such as painkillers or morphine
- Or are alederly, or weak as you may react differently to this medicine
- Any tranquilisers/sedatives (e.g. Diazepam, Loazepam).
- Any antidepressants (e.g. MAOIs, SSRIs amitripytline).
- Any sleeping tablets (e.g. temazepam, promethazine).
- Any medicine for mental illness (e.g. Chloropromazine, Haloperidol).
- Any medicine treat epilepsy (e.g. Carbamazepine, Phenytoin)
- Any medicine for a heart problem (e.g. Mexiletine).
- Medicines to thin the blood (e.g. Warfarin).
- Cimetidine for a stomach ulcer.
- Metoclopramide or domperidone for nausea and vomiting.
- Cisapride for gastric reflux.
Contraindicated in children under 6 years.
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Do not take if you have breathing problems.
Avoid drinking alcohol when taking this medicine.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If symptoms persist, consult the doctor.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Ask your doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Contains 2.3 vol% ethanol (alcohol). Harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. To be taken into account in pregnant and breastfeeding women, children and high risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Contains Sorbitol, Sucrose and Fructose.
If you have been told by your doctor that you have in intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: Morphine hydrochloride equivalent to 1.0mg anhydrous Morphine.
Other ingredients: Peppermint Oil 1.5 microlitre, Ethanol, benzoic acid (E210), capsicum tincture, caramel (E150), chloroform, citric acid (E330), hypromellose, sorbitol solution, treacle (containing sucrose and fructose), purified water.