See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Imodium Plus Caplets are uniquely formulated to control diarrhoea and calm additional symptoms such as cramps, wind and bloating. Imodium works by restoring your bowel to its normal rhythm. This helps to restore the absorption of more fluids into your body.
With Loperamide hydrochloride and Simeticone.
Adults and children over 12 years of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Adults over 18 years of age:
Swallow two caplets initially followed, if required, by one caplet after every further loose bowel movement.
Children and young adults 12 to 18 years:
Swallow one caplet initially followed, if required, by one caplet after every further loose bowel movement.
No more than 4 caplets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days.
If you are no better after two days, stop taking the caplets and contact your doctor.
If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor.
Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Hazards and Cautions
Before taking this medicine
This medicine is suitable for most adults and children aged 12 years and over, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take this medicine:
- In children less than 12 years old.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Loperamide hydrochloride, Simeticone or any of the other ingredients of the caplets.
- If you have a high temperature (e.g. above 38ºC) or blood in your stools.
- If you are having a flare up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
- If you are constipated or your stomach appears swollen
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- Imodium Plus Caplets only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment, if symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor.
- If you have severed diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders which replace the sugars and salts.
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the caplets immediately and contact your doctor.
- If you have liver disease. Check with your doctor before using the caplets. Some of the side-effects might be more troublesome.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use the caplets after the expiry date on the blister and box. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Loperamide Hydrochloride, Simethicone.
Active ingredients: Loperamide hydrochloride (2 mg per caplet) and Simeticone (measured as 125 mg dimeticone per caplet).
Other ingredients: Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, Microcrystalline cellulose, Acesulfame potassium, Artificial Vanilla flavour (includes Propylene glycol, Maltodextrin and Benzyl alcohol), Sodium starch glycolate (type A) and Stearic acid.