See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 48 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Hedrin 4% Lotion Spray is for the treatment of head lice in adults and children aged 6 months and over. It is skin friendly, odourless, easy to apply and contains no organophosphates.
Adults and children aged 6 months and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
The spray comes ready assembled. Before use remove the coloured safety clip from under the spray nozzle. This may be retained or disposed of safely.
- Cover the shoulders with a towel.
- Be careful not to spray into eyes and face, and do not breathe the spray.
- Holding the spray approximately 10cm from the hair carefully spray sufficient solution evenly over dry hair to ensure that the scalp and hair are fully covered and the hair is saturated.
- Work into the hair with the fingers or an ordinary comb spreading the liquid evenly from the roots to tips. Allow hair to dry naturally.
- Leave on the hair for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Wash hair with normal shampoo, rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
- It is important that Hedrin is applied again after seven days to deal with any untreated eggs which may hatch in that time. Failure to repeat the process may result in the return of a louse infestation.
Do not continue using Hedrin if a skin rash or other signs of hypersensitivity occur.
Hazards and Cautions
Warning: Keep hair away from sources of ignition, especially naked flames and burning cigarettes, whilst being treated with Hedrin. Treated hair can readily burn if ignited.
Hedrin 4% Lotion is applied to the hair and scalp and is for external use only.
Do not use if you are sensitive to either of the ingredients in Hedrin.
Children under 6 months should only be treated under medical supervision.
Take care if accidentally spilled as Hedrin may cause a slip hazard.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Keep the spray in the original carton.
After use, the empty pack can be recycled.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Also contains: Cyclomethicone 5.