Plus, with £500 worth of vouchers courtesy of lastminute.com, you can show off your new look in style. Stay at a swanky London hotel, dine out at a posh restaurant and even catch a West End show!
For 25 lucky runners-up we also have a gorgeous goody bag worth over £100 to give away! The goody bag is packed full of wonderful treats from No7, Olay, Maybelline, Toni & Guy and John Frieda, plus many more fabulous brands – perfect for creating a whole new look this autumn.
How to enter
D.I.Y make-up video tutorials are the latest craze to hit the beauty world – here at Boots we'd love to see some of the looks you like to create.
All you need to do is upload your photo or a video of you creating your look to the link below on Facebook (you will need to be registered on Facebook to do this) and write a comment about your look. For example,
"I'm Sarah, and this is my look for when I've got an important meeting at work".
You can upload your photo or video here: www.facebook.com/looksforhowyoufeel.boots
All looks will go to our judging panel, including Georgia Goodhall from Reveal Magazine – and the selected winning looks will be featured on Boots.com!
What are you waiting for – get filming!
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants to this prize draw must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK.
- To enter the competition entrants must submit a video / photograph of themselves (by October 6th 2009) showing an appropriate 'look'. This 'look' should show how a new look makes you feel, for example, your 'look' for an important meeting at work or your 'I want to make a good impression look'. In order to upload your entry you must be registered to Facebook.
- By uploading your 'look' to Facebook you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this competition.
- Photographs / videos which display branding or trade marks may be removed by the promoter and the entrant disqualified.
- Entrants must submit their video / photograph to the Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/looksforhowyoufeel.boots.
- Photographs / videos must be submitted from 9th September 2009 date and by midnight 6th October 2009.
- All photographs or videos will be screened by a moderator once uploaded and the promoter reserves the right to exclude or remove any photograph or video which is of insufficient quality to view clearly or which is incomplete, or offensive.
- The entrant must own the copyright in the photograph or video or must have had the copyright in the photograph assigned to them.
- The photograph must be previously unpublished and must not have been enhanced or altered by any means.
- Purchase is not necessary.
- Each runner-up goody bag consists of: No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum 30ml, No7 Extravagant Lashes Mascara 12ml, Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara 12ml, Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Foundation 30ml, Nivea Visage Natural Radiance Boosting Daily Scrub 150ml, Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation 50ml, L'Oréal Wrinkle Decrease Collagen Filler Double Action Lip 5ml, Toni & Guy Blonde Shimmer Mist 200ml, TRESemme 24 Hour Body Shampoo 500ml, John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Hair Serum 50ml.
- Employees and the immediate families of Boots UK Limited, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this prize draw are not entitled to enter the prize draw.
- All valid entries received on Facebook will go to our judging panel, selected by Boots, who will select the winner after 7th October 2009.
- The winners will be notified by 23rd October 2009 by email – this must be acknowledged by the winner, by email, within 72 hours. Failure to respond to this email means an alternative winner will be selected from all valid entries received.
- Prize details will be delivered by 30th November 2009 by recorded delivery.
- Once the winner has been chosen he/she will be contacted to arrange a date in which themselves and the experts are available.
- Venue for the makeover, haircut and style will be in Soho, London. Although every effort will be made for the winner and their friend to receive a cut and style from Lee Stafford personally, unforeseeable events may result in using another stylist from the salon.
- To cover travel and expenses, £500 worth of lastminute.com vouchers have been provided as part of the competition.
- Lastminute.com vouchers will be governed by their terms and conditions, found at http://www.lastminute.com/site/gifts/gift-vouchers.html.
- Competition prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- The judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that are found to contravene these terms and conditions shall be null and void, regardless of the stage of the competition. In the event that the entry of a winner is declared null and void, the judges shall select an alternative winner.
- Entrants grant to the promoter an irrevocable perpetual licence to use photographs or videos uploaded to the Facebook page. By entering this competition the entrants grant to the promoter and the sponsors of the event an irrevocable perpetual licence to publish the entrant's photographs or videos in any of their publications and in any media now known or hereinafter invented, including their websites. However, nothing herein shall oblige the promoter to use the entrant's photograph or video.
- By entering into this competition you acknowledge and agree that your personal data will be retained by the Promoter for the duration and purposes of running this competition.
- Other than for the purposes above, Boots will not share your information with companies outside of the group for marketing purposes. We would like to contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or telephone with relevant offers from Boots. If you do not wish to receive these communications please use the unsubscribe option.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity and in photographic shoots (including attending the Makeover with their friends).
- The winner's photo/video will be uploaded to Boots.com.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
- The promoter of the competition is Boots UK Limited, 1 Thane Road, Nottingham, NG90 1BS.
- The name and region of the winners may be obtained by writing to the following address after 30th November 2009: Boots Events Team, Boots.com, Thane Road, Nottingham, NG90 1BS.