Philips Lumea Precision Plus SC2003 IPL Hair Reduction System with Facial Attachment
Now there’s a faster way to have beautiful smooth skin every day! If you are looking for a safe, fast and painless solution to unwanted hair with lasting results, the new Philips Lumea SC2003 is the ultimate choice. Using Advanced Intense Pulsed Light technology (IPL), with unique tracking system to treat large areas, you simply glide the device over the skin you want to treat, as well as Step & Flash for target areas. As well as being effective for legs, arms, back and tummy, Lumea comes with a specially designed precision attachment for use on the face and other sensitive areas. With the backing of 12 years’ experience** in IPL technology, you can trust Philips Lumea to give you smooth hair free skin with lasting results.
** Innovation Site Eindhoven, collaboration Peter Bjerring, 2002
• Women’s preferred choice: 80% of women preferred Lumea to their conventional hair removal method, because it’s fast, effective and convenient
• Fast: Wider 4 cm² application window with new Slide & Flash mode for even faster application as well as Step & Flash mode for precision treatment
• Effective: Over 70% reduction in hair regrowth in just 8 weeks*; simply repeat treatment as necessary to prevent re-growth
• Convenient: Advanced Salon technology for use at home at a time to suit you. Rechargeable, ready to use, no gels or accessories needed .
• Versatile: Suitable for body and now for the face too. 5 light energy settings - suitable for most skin tones and hair colours
Philips clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as little as two fortnightly treatments, with optimal hair-free results achieved after four to five fortnightly treatments. To maintain these results, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
Fast treatment on legs with new Slide and Flash mode
Larger 4cm body attachment enables fast treatment on large areas like legs. Main application mode enables sliding motion for a more convenient and continuous application.
Each Treatment Time:
Underarms: 1 min per side
Entire Bikini: 4 min
Face: 1 min
Lower leg: 8 min
Philips Lumea uses an innovative light-based technology called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons. Philips has adapted this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home. Philips worked closely with skin care experts to develop this technology, carrying out extensive consumer research on IPL technology with over 2000 women.
How does Philips Lumea prevent hair growth?
Gentle pulses of light are applied directly to the hair. The melanin in the hair and hair root absorbs the light pulses. This process results in the follicle going into a resting phase. The hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. A simple and gentle treatment once every two to four weeks will prevent hair roots from becoming active again and prevent new hair from growing back.
Five steps to everlasting smoothness:
1.Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channeled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments.
2.Consult the skin and hair type matrix and select the light intensity suitable for your skin tone and body hair colour.
3. Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
4. As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is inhibited.
5. To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every two weeks (or every month for legs) which will progressively reduce hair regrowth to a minimum.
Cordless convenience with no replacement parts needed Lumea’s unique cordless design is perfect for treating the areas you want, when you want. Philips Lumea is a complete solution that comes ready to work right out of the box. More importantly, it does not require any replacement lamps or gels.
Lumea is equipped with an integrated UV filter to protect your skin from UV light. The unit incorporates a safety ring system to prevent unintentional flashing.
Extra safety for the face
The precision attachment is equipped with an extra integrated light filter and enables a safe and convenient application on the upper lip, chin and sideburns. It can also be used on other sensitive areas on the body, such as the underarms, the bikini area and hard-to-reach areas.
Five light energy settings
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas.
Use with confidence to remove hair on face (upper lip, chin and sideburns only) and body parts including legs, underarm, bikini area, stomach and arms.
Suitable hair and skin types
Philips Lumea works effectively on naturally dark blonde, brown and black hairs. As with other light-based treatments, Philips Lumea is not effective on red, light-blonde or white/grey hair. Philips Lumea is also not suitable for very dark skin.
Is Lumea right for me?
Unfortunately, Philips Lumea is not designed for everyone. If any of the following is true for you, then this appliance is NOT suitable for you to use.
• If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blonde, white, grey or red.
• If you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly, you run a high risk of developing skin reactions such as strong redness, burns or discolouration when you use Philips Lumea.
• Philips Lumea has been optimised for use by women but recent research showed that it can be used by men on most areas of the body, except the beard and scrotum
• There are medications and health conditions that may lead to adverse reactions when you use Philips Lumea. Please click here for full safety information as well as usage instructions before and after tanning.
•Philips Lumea in hygiene sealed casing
• Philips Lumea Precision body attachment
• Philips Lumea Precision facial attachment
• Storage: Soft case
• Instructions for use: Full user manual, Quick Start Guide
• Charger: Multi voltage charger
• Power system: Rechargeable battery
• Voltage: 100-240 V
• Charging time: 100 minutes
• Running time: Minimum 370 flashes
• Warranty: 2 years manufacturers global warranty
Unsuitable for Diabetic patients
The item can be delivered to all addresses within the UK. Northern Ireland and to BFPO addresses.
Boots.com deliver to British Forces Post Office addresses. The charge for BFPO delivery is £6.00, this includes the cost of delivering your parcel to the BFPO sorting office and the charge applied for delivery to your address.
We can't ship aerosols to BFPO addresses. Aerosols will be intercepted and returned to us.
Please also note that certain areas carry specific weight restrictions and parcels over these weight limits are automatically returned to us.
£399.99 or 39,999 points
If you are looking for a safe, fast and painless solution to unwanted hair with lasting results, the new Philips Lumea SC2003/00 is the ultimate choice. Suitable for all body and supplied with precision attachment for the face.
Collect 1596 points with this purchase
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA.Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. Registered pharmacy number 1092488.