If you are a women aged between 18 and 54 and are registered with a doctor, you may be able to get the HPV vaccination at selected Boots stores. To find the Boots store nearest to you which offers the HPV vaccination, click on the handy store locator.
In addition to this, you must also meet certain criteria to be given the HPV vaccination. If you answer 'no' to the following questions then you may be eligible for the vaccination:
- Are you pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant in the next six months?
- Have you had a hysterectomy?
- Have you had any previous vaccinations for cervical cancer?
- Have you had an allergic reaction to a vaccine before?
- Do you have any current illness such as a fever or infection?
The vaccination will protect you against the most common viruses but it does not protect against all of them. You still need to have regular smear tests and live a healthy lifestyle to give you the best protection against cervical cancer.
You should always let your Boots pharmacist know if you are taking any medicines or have any medical conditions.