Boots Hospital Outpatient Pharmacies
Let's work in partnership to deliver patient-centred care and operational savings
At Boots we are committed to providing exceptional patient and customer care and our team of health professionals are at the heart of delivering this.
We are passionate about helping people feel their best and in a hospital setting our pharmacists and technicians can use their expertise to help meet your patients' healthcare needs.
Why choose Boots?
By partnering with Boots to provide outpatient pharmacy services, your staff can dedicate more time to meeting clinical demands. We can also offer opportunities for further collaboration to help your Trust save on costs by providing additional services, such as discharge planning. Where suitable premises are available, we may also offer further benefits to staff, visitors and patients through the convenience of our retail offering.
We believe Boots can help by:
- Significantly reducing waiting times for outpatient medication which can help your staff focus on delivering inpatient dispensing. At one of our sites, waiting times for outpatient medication have been reduced from an average of 45 minutes to 15 minutes
- Providing drug procurement at contract prices
- Efficient ordering processes, resulting in most patients receiving their full prescription first time
- Reviewing of patient feedback to gain insights to encourage teams and help provide further improvements in customer and patient care where needed
- Working in partnership with you to develop innovative solutions to optimise the use of medicines for patients in and out of the hospital
We understand the impact of the NHS challenge to save and are confident we can help the Trust create opportunities to do so by:
- Supporting even tighter formulary control and therefore reduce spending on medication
- Reducing stock holding and therefore saving the Trusts' capital
- Providing outpatient, day care, A & E, Homecare and discharge dispensing so the Trust can recover the VAT associated with medication for these services
We understand the need to support the Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention agenda and aim to do so through the following:
- Our highly motivated and experienced staff are supported by pharmacists from neighbouring stores who are kept up to date with current Trust practice, ensuring we never use locums in our hospital Trust units
- Our commercial expertise provides opportunities for new investment and innovation
- Allow re-deployment of specialist staff, such as clinical pharmacists, to wards, resulting in better care and increased pharmacist intervention ,which may result in reduced re-admissions related to medication
- Our experience of high quality implementation of services may reduce potential capital investment and manpower needed to deliver a better service
Boots Pharmacy at Royal Derby Hospital
If you have any questions or wish to discuss how Boots can work with your Trust please call 0115 9688007 or email email@example.com for further details.
Winter Flu Jab Service
Free NHS New Medicines Service
Health and Pharmacy Services
Repeat Prescriptions Service
NHS Electronic Prescription Service