Information & Advice
She has written two books, Vogue Book of Blondes and The Spirit of Yoga and is a qualified Yoga teacher - something she has been practising for 30 years. There is a Yoga mat in the car, in the house and in her suitcase for trips abroad. She is also a mad skier and has been skiing with her son since he was seven (he's now 24).
Putting eyeliner inside the top eyelid to define the eye. You have to use liquid eyeliner to dot the line on very carefully underneath the lid but the effect is great..
2. What 3 products could you not live without?
This Works Energy Bank bath oil, to give me energy after a long day. This Works Breathe in, the Eucalyptus stops me getting colds and flu and the Frankincense is calming. This Works Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil keeps the skin really moisturised.
3. What is your biggest beauty disaster?
A centre-parted dark wig (slight Cher look alike) Not a good look.
4. Describe your look 10 years ago
After I wrote the "Vogue Book of Blondes" I dyed my hair back to its original dark colour. Now, 10 years later, it's longer and blonder. I think it's important to keep changing your look and the easiest way to do so is by changing your hairstyle.
5. What has been your career highlight so far?
So many. To see my copy in print, to see my book on a shelf and to see This Works on a department store shelf.
6. What's in your make-up bag?
7. What is your favourite celebrity look/ which celeb do you think has the best make-up?
Admire the make-up artists behind the celebrities. Pat McGrath and Tom Pecheux are geniuses. I'm more interested in real beauties like Christy Turlington or Yasmin Lebon.
8. If you weren't in the beauty industry, what would you be doing?
9. What do you envisage being the 'next big thing' within beauty?
Technology using genetics to make products that maintain youthfulness/keep you looking young using knowledge of genetics.
10. What's the worst beauty myth you have ever heard and want to put straight?
The myth that celebrities are experts in the formulations of cosmetics
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.