Information & Advice
Originally a top Beverly Hills make-up artist, Jerrod started the brand with only a credit card, a dream and a microwave! His favourite song is Holiday by Madonna, and if he could live anywhere, it would be in Paris in a chateau within walking distance of all the couture houses!
1. What is your favourite ever make-up tip?
Bronzer! It makes you look like you have flawless, perfect radiant skin. Your skin looks like you are 7 years old again after using bronzer! Our bronzers are like a fountain of youth in a compact. Dust on in a "W" figure from temple to chin and back up to the other temple and skin will look glowing and youthful.
2. You must have quite a hectic schedule - what do you do to relax?
Shop, of course!!
3. Describe your look 10 years ago
Bleached blonde, label obsessed, and fearless!
4. Tell us a make-up secret no-one else knows...
If you mix gel antiperspirant into your liquid makeup and apply around the hairline, you will never sweat off your makeup again!
5. What has been your career highlight so far?
Creating makeup for Gwen Stefani & Madonna
6. What are the 3 products you can't live without?
Sun Bunny (the perfect bronzer), Brow Envy (for perfect brows), & Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara , one of the world's best-selling mascaras (it built my house!)
7. What is your favourite celebrity look/ which celeb do you think has the best make-up?
Gwen & Madonna, they're always on the cutting edge but always manage to own their look.
8. If you weren't in the beauty industry, what would you be doing?
Underwater basket weaving. I'd be the synthetic straw distributor! Or hosting a television show, that's more glamorous!
9. What do you envisage being the 'next big thing' within the make-up industry?
Products that offer extreme results, once only available at a plastic surgeons office.
10. What's the worst make-up myth you have ever heard and want to put straight?
Lighting the tip of your eyeliner with a match before applying it. You look like somebody lined your eyes with a magic marker that melted!
11. What do you think of natural and organic products?
I love them! I use green ingredients whenever possible, but sometimes it's a matter of function over natural; I'm all about results!
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.