Information & Advice
The success of Balance being inspired the sisters to create Balance Me in 2005 - a luxurious aromatherapy range made with pure essential oils to create a blend of bespoke aromas to optimise health, wellbeing and natural beauty. Originally from Sheffield, Rebecca lives in London with her husband and two young daughters. Her life is fairly full with family and business commitments but she makes sure she maintains a healthy work-life balance by regularly practising yoga, cycling as a preferred method of transport, gardening all year round and renovating the family’s Victorian home.
1. What is your favourite ever beauty tip?
Drink water and remember to breathe (deeply, if possible!)
2. What 3 products could you not live without?
3. What is your biggest beauty disaster?
A perm when I was 14 - I have torn up any photographic evidence!
4. Describe your look 10 years ago
I don't think my look has changed greatly over the last 10 years although I recognise I have aged (or rather matured!) Also, my four year old gets her 20s and 30s muddled up so she tells everyone I am 10 years younger anyway!
5. What has been your career highlight so far?
Launching two successful businesses and watching them grow from strength to strength
6. What's in your make-up bag?
A whole host of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics as well as Chanel nail polish, Lancome mascara and our Stellar Beauty Balm
7. What is your favourite celebrity look/ which celeb do you think has the best make-up?
I admire celebrities who lead really busy lives but manage to remain natural and radiant - even when they don't expect to be papped!
8. If you weren't in the beauty industry, what would you be doing?
I expect I'd be a full-time mother at this present moment in time. It would limit the amount of juggling I carry out on a daily basis!
9. What do you envisage being the 'next big thing' within beauty?
I believe there is a shift towards truly natural products as consumers become more aware of what ingredients are in the products they use on a daily basis.
10. What's the worst beauty myth you have ever heard and want to put straight?
“Beauty products will compensate for an unhealthy lifestyle.” Beauty products can certainly enhance the body and there are some truly fantastic products on the market to benefit us all but I strongly believe that beauty starts from within.
11. What is your opinion on natural and organic products?
Balance Me is going for Ecocert certification so we are 100% aware of the importance of natural and organic products.
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.