Information & Advice
Lucy still lives in London with her 12 year old daughter, Dylan and their cat, Mouse (who thinks he is a dog). Lucy practises Pilates twice a week and enjoys exercising and eating healthily.
1. What is your top/ favourite beauty tip?
Always remove your make up at night and take care of your skin. I only drink water or coconut water during the day and avoid dark coloured drinks because of their extra additives. Even on a night out I stick to vodka based clear drinks.
2. What three products could you not live without?
1) Revlon’s Eraser Pen (available in store)- I love this magic pen that erases eyeliner or mascara smudges instantly.
2) Tinted Moisturiser.
3) Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask by REN (available in store) - I swear by this mask and I think it cuts down the need for facials as often.
3. What is your biggest beauty disaster?
I think the biggest beauty disaster is women wearing the wrong colour foundation. It’s a common mistake with 70% of foundation users regularly making this mistake and is the biggest crime against beauty. I love Revlon’s new Custom Creations foundation because it takes the guess work out of choosing a foundation as each bottle holds five different shades.
4. Describe your look 10 years ago
I never wear strong make up on myself and never have so my make up look hasn’t changed much in the last 10 years, however my hair colour has drastically changed colour over the years.
5. What has been your career highlight so far?
My first show was one of Stella McCartney’s first ever fashion shows. This gave me a taste and passion for backstage at the shows and I really enjoys working so closely with designers to help create the most amazing show for them possible.
6. What's in your make-up bag?
7. What is your favourite celebrity look/ which celeb do you think has the best make-up?
I really like how Sharleen Spiteri lets her natural beauty shine through and doesn’t mask it with loads of make up. Another celebrity that is all for the minimal beautiful look is Natalie Portman. She emphasises her best features and leaves it at that. Understated beauty.
8. If you weren't in the beauty industry, what would you be doing?
I would be a florist or an interior designer! I love everything to do with flowers, the colours the textures. I always have my home filled with flowers. I regularly decorate my home and am obsessed with going to antique and flea markets to find one off quirky pieces.
9. What do you envisage being the 'next big thing' within beauty?
I think the next big thing in beauty is good skin that is well looked after. Women are much more educated these days and there is so much product choice out there, especially on the high street. Women are more aware of looking after their skin and staying out of the sun.
10. What's the worst beauty myth you have ever heard and want to put straight?
The worst beauty myth that I would put straight is that "redheads cant wear red lipstick". That’s rubbish! Look at Lilly Cole! The perfect red is out there for everyone.
11. What is your opinion on natural and organic products?
I try to be organic in my food everyday so organic and natural products can only be a good thing. I like REN skincare for that reason and the whole new trend of Mineral Make up is also great as it's kind to your skin without too many chemicals.
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.