Information & Advice
Health & Beauty Magazine Online Editor
Published 17th November 2008
Here, our experts, Jay, Benjamin and Janice, help Verity Hudson, 25, to shop for a Christmas present for her boss and friend Suzanne.
• Jay Hunt is a lifestyle expert. She knows all the shopping tactics you need to get the job done.
• Benjamin Fry is a psychotherapist who can help people get to grips with the emotional side of spending.
• Janice Robertson is head of exclusive brands at Boots. She can advise on how to choose the right present.
Verity Hudson, 25, from Leeds, is shopping for her boss, Suzanne Johns, 37.
'When I started working for a small public relations company recently, I clicked straightaway with my boss, Suzanne. She's achieved a lot in her career and is a real inspiration to me, as well as an amazing mentor.
'This Christmas she's treating everyone in the office to a pampering spa break and a group meal out. In return I'd love to get her something thoughtful to show how much I appreciate her as a friend and a good boss.
'Suzanne's very glamorous so I'm panicking about what to buy, especially as my budget is between £15 and 20.'
• Jay: ‘How about a personalised gift, as it will show that you’ve really put a lot of thought into it? Some bespoke gifts, such as those that need engraving, can take a few weeks to be made, so order early. Ordering early also helps you to spread the cost of Christmas.’
• Benjamin: ‘Words can mean a great deal, so Verity could write a note of thanks to her boss in her card.’
• A3 Poster Calendar
• Boots Hand-finished Fold-Out Bauble Card (pack of five)
Writen by Faye Rowe
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.