Information & Advice
Learn all about the Boots Smooth Skin PLUS and it'll soon become your favourite beauty buy. Find out how to use the system to get the best results.
Be sure to read the instruction manual as well as "Boots Smooth Skin PLUS: Is it suitable for me?" before using the system.
Assess your skin tone in the area you wish to treat by using the Skin Tone Sensor and the skin tone chart provided on the pack and in the instruction manual. If you are uncertain, use the online skin suitability tool for more options. You can find out more about the Skin Tone Sensor in "Boots Smooth Skin PLUS: What is it and how does it work?"
Once you've read the instruction manual and used the Skin Tone Sensor to check that Boots Smooth Skin PLUS is suitable for you, you're ready to do a skin test. Follow steps one to four as detailed below and wait 48 hours to ensure that there are no adverse reactions.
For more details about which areas of the body are suitable for treatment, see "Boots Smooth Skin PLUS: Frequently asked questions.".
1. Use the Skin Tone Sensor to check that the system is suitable for you and double check this against the skin tone chart provided on the back of pack or in the manual.
2. Carefully shave the area you wish to treat.
3. Apply a thick layer of Boots Activator Gel to the area (we've included one pack to get you started).
4. Treat the area, pulse by pulse. To make it easier, mark out the areas that you've already treated in a white eyeliner pencil. Be careful not to go over the same area twice.
5. Repeat the treatment each week. You'll need to do six to 12 sessions to be hair-free. Some areas may need a few more treatments to achieve the desired result.
Treatments will vary from person to person but the average number of treatments you can expect to need is:
Boots Smooth Skin PLUS can emit 20,000 pulses, which should be enough to complete your treatment. Once the pulses run out, the handset will need to be refurbished. See "Boots Smooth Skin PLUS: Frequently asked questions" for more details on this.
Typical number of pulses you will need per body part:
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company no. 928555. Registered VAT no. 116300129. Registered pharmacy no. 1092488