Mouth ulcers usually occur because of a reduced resistance where an irritated spot or wound becomes inflamed. Mouth lesions can often occur due to ill-fitting dentures or wearing of braces. Mouth ulcers and lesions are often very painful especially when exposed to abrasive food or acidic drinks and therefore require protection from these elements.
This mouth ulcer gel is an innovative product, clinically tested to provide instant pain relief for mouth ulcers and oral lesions. The pen delivers a soothing gel, which dries quickly to form a thin and invisible protective film over the ulcer or lesion, providing a barrier against food, saliva and acidic drinks.
The pen format is hygienic and easy to apply, even on hard to reach areas. The gel has a neutral taste and the alcohol-free formulation does not sting when applied.
How to Use
Read the leaflet carefully before using the product. When using the gel for the first time, twist the bottom of the pen until the gel is visible at the applicator tip.
- Drying the surface of the ulcer before application of the gel enhances adhesio
- After removing the cap, twist the bottom of the pen twice to expel the required amount of gel and apply to the ulcer
- After application, avoid touching the ulcer for a few minutes to allow the protective film to adhere
- After using the pen, rinse the tip under running water, dry and replace the cap
Boots Pharmaceuticals Fast Relief Mouth Ulcer Gel is suitable for use for adults and children over 2 years.
Adults and children over 12 years: 3 - 10 applications a day until symptoms disappear
Children 2 - 12 years: Up to 3 applications a day until the symptoms disappear.
This pack contains 60 applications.
Hazards and Cautions
Possible side effects:
- can cause dry mouth
- tingling and slight numbness may be experienced when the gel adheres, this is harmless and will disappear over time
- redness, swelling and a burning mouth sensation can occur in the case of an allergy to one or more of the ingredients
- do not use in the case of an allergy to one or more of the ingredients
- only suitable for use in the oral cavity
- do not allow the product to come into contact with the eye
- do not use after the expiry date or after 12 months of opening
- do not exceed the maximum daily dose
- do not use the product for more than 2 consecutive weeks
- consult your doctor if symptoms persist
- do not use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding
Storage Conditions: Store at room temperature and protect from sunlight. Once opened use within 12 months.
Water, Polyvinyl pyrrolidone, Dextrin, Cellulose, Larch polymers, Laureth-9, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Benzalkonium chloride, Mint and Liquorice flavours
Does not contain Xylitol, Alcohol or Parabens