Information & Advice
This Kelly Brook hairstyle gives maximum impact and is easy to achieve. Want to recreate the look? Kelly's hairstylist Jonathon Malone, exclusively shows Boots.com how...
Health & Beauty Magazine Online Editor
Published March 2009
‘Kelly loves old-style Hollywood glamour and has thick, healthy hair that can be easily styled,’ says Jonathan. ‘She really looks after her hair, getting it cut regularly and rarely using hairdryers which can dry hair out. She also loves to experiment with using hairpieces and pretty hair accessories too. This high-impact style is perfect for her.’
1. Start by prepping damp hair with a volumising spray, focusing on the roots to give extra lift.
2. Blow-dry hair using a large barrel brush until it’s around 90% dry.
3. Wind sections of hair around large Velcro rollers. These are ideal for giving your hair extra body, and will also leave it smooth and bouncy.
4. Either leave the rollers in and allow hair to air-dry, or use a hairdryer to speed things up. Just make sure you let the hair cool down before you take the rollers out, or the style will fall out.
5. Once you’ve removed the rollers, gently run your fingers through the lengths of hair to break up the curls.
6. Using a cushion brush to keep the style smooth and neat, sweep hair from behind one ear over to the other side of the head and secure with kirby grips to keep in place. Add a glamorous touch by fastening a sparkly slide behind the ear.
7. For a sleek, shiny finish, warm a pea-sized amount of serum in your hands and smoothe over the hair.
8. Finally, spritz your hair with a firm-hold hairspray to help give the style staying power.
A MOP Glisten Volumising Spray at the roots and then comb throughout your hair. Provides real volume.
Great for holding Hollywood-era tousled waves like Kelly’s, Toni&Guy Firm Hold Hairspray is micro-fine and quick to dry.
Denman Thermo Ceramic Extra Large Self Grip Rollers are the simplest way to add big, bouncy curls to your hair without the need for clips and pins.
James Brown London Serum adds shine while protecting your hair from the elements and redefining those beautiful curls.
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.com is a trading name of Boots UK Limited. Registered office: Nottingham NG2 3AA. Registered in England: company number 928555. Registered VAT number 116300129. For details of Boots registered internet pharmacies see Using Our Pharmacy Services page.