Boots Pharmaceuticals Direct to Skin Heat Patch
- Suitable for the relief of muscular aches, pain and backache.
- Lasts for up to 8 hours.
- 4 single use patches.
How to Use
Always read the product information before use.
- Ensure the skin is dry and clean.
- Open the sachet by hand (do not cut) and remove the heat patch.
- Peel away the protective film from the back of the patch and apply adhesive side to the skin over the painful area.
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Direct to Skin Heat Patch warms up gradually and reaches maximum heat within approximately 30 minutes.
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Direct to Skin Heat Patch is air activated- do not open the sachet until you are ready to use it.
- Allow air to circulate over the patch and do not apply pressure, for example by lying or sitting on the heat patch or wearing tight clothing over the patch.
- On flexible joints, use adhesive dressing tape to hold the patch in place along the edges but do not apply pressure by taping over the heat patch.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use:
- On children 12 years and under.
- On irritated, bruised or broken skin.
- With topical medication or other heat sources.
- Whilst sleeping.
- On areas of the body where heat cannot be felt.
- If you are bedridden or prone to skin ulcers.
- For more than 8 hours in a 24 hour period.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using if:
- You are pregnant.
- You have poor circulation or heart disease.
- You are diabetic.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis.
- You have nerve damage or sensory impairment.
- You have a skin condition.
- If misused, the heat patch can cause burns even at low temperatures.
- If the heat patch becomes uncomfortably hot or a rash develops, discontinue use immediately.
- Do not knead the heat patch- heat is released within minutes.
- Do not reheat the patch, single use only.
- It is normal to experience slight skin redness after removing the heat patch. If your skin is still red after a few hours do not use this product again.
- If your pain gets worse or remains unchanged after 7 days, seek medical advice as this could be a sign of a more serious condition.
- The contents of the patch may be harmful if they are ingested or come into direct contact with the skin or eyes.
- Do not puncture.
- If swallowed or accidently bitten, rinse the mouth with water.
- If there is contact with the skin or eyes, rinse immediately with water.
- In both cases, seek medical attention.
- Do not bring heat patch into contact with water or other liquids.
- This heat patch should be used with careful supervision of those unable to remove the product by themselves, such as the elderly or physically disabled.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store in a cool dry place avoiding direct sunlight.
- Do not incinerate the heat patch.
Suitable for use on adults and children over the age of 12.
Iron, activated carbon and water.