See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
EarCalm is used to treat minor infections of the outer ear. Contains Acetic Acid.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
BEFORE USING A NEW BOTTLE OF EARCALM
- Shake well before use.
- Press the pump down several times until you get a fine spray.
- Make sure you do not point the nozzle at yourself or someone else.
- The bottle is now ready for use.
- Each time the pump is pressed down, one measured dose will be delivered.
- If you have not used EarCalm for more than a week, press the pump a few times until you get a fine spray again, and then follow the instructions above.
- Always shake well before use.
- Place the nozzle tip gently into your ear.
- Press the pump once to deliver the measured dose.
- Spray one measured dose into each ear at least three times daily (morning, evening and after swimming, showering or bathing), or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Leave at least 2-3 hours
- Continue treatment until 2 days after symptoms have disappeared.
Hazards and Cautions
TAKE SPECIAL CARE WITH EARCALM.
If you have a perforated eardrum, or think you may have, consult your doctor before you use this medicine.
Stop treatment and call your doctor:
- If you get any pain.
- If symptoms worsen and do not improve within 48 hours.
- If your hearing is affected.
Do not use EarCalm if you are under 12 years.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Do not store above 25ºC.
Keep upright in this carton.
Use within one month of first use.
Acetic Acid (Glacial).
Active Ingredients: Acetic Acid (Glacial).
Also Contains: Macrogol Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Purified Water.