In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Dequadin 0.25mg Lozenges for sore throats and mouth infections.
- Reduce tenderness of the throat, mouth and gums
- Relieve symptoms of mouth ulcers and infections
Adults and children aged 10 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Adults and children over 10 years: Suck one lozenge slowly every 2-3 hours.
Do not take more than 8 lozenges in any 24 hour period.
Hazards and Cautions
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor:
- If your symptoms do not go away after a few days
- If you take too many and feel unwell
- If you are concerned or think that you may be reacting badly to this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are under 10 years old
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- If you have inherited problems coping with carbohydrates or sugars (especially glucose, fructose or sucrose). Ask your doctor if you are unsure.
Check before use:
- Diabetics - take account of the carbohydrate content
- Consult your doctor before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
These are rare but may include allergic reactions or soreness of the tongue.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and raech of children.
Do not store above 25ºC.
Do not use after the expiry date printed on the blister and the carton.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: Dequalinium Chloride.
Also contains: Sucrose, Glucose syrup, Magnesium Stearate, Citric acid monohydrate, Flavourings (lime and peppermint oil), Gelatin, Sodium Saccharin, sunset yellow (E110) Racemic Camphor.
Each lozenge contains 998.925mg of sucrose and 50mg of glucose. (Sucrose is made from glucose and fructose.)
Sunset yellow may cause allergic reactions including asthma. This is more common in those allergic to Aspirin.