Covonia Chesty Cough Mixture Mentholated- 300ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults, the elderly and children age 5 years and over
Active ingredients; Levomenthol, Squill Tincture, Liquorice Liquid Extract
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Covonia Chesty Cough Mixture Mentholated relieves the symptoms of chesty coughs and sore throats. Contains liquorice and squill which belong to a group of medicines known as expectorants. They help remove phlegm in people wih chesty coughs. Methol helps relieve congestion in chesty cought and bronchitis.
Effective relief of troublesome chesty coughs.
- NON DROWSY.
- CHESTY COUGHS.
Adults, the elderly and children age 5 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
SHAKE THE BOTTLE.
Take the solution by mouth.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 1or 2 x 5ml spoonfuls every 4 hours if required.
Children 5-12 years: Take 1x 5ml spoonful every 4 hours if required.
Do not give to children under 5 years old unless your doctor tells you to.
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.
If symptoms persist or worsen consult your doctor.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
Before you take tis medicine
Do not use the medicine if you have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients listed in section
- Any sort of heart complaint.
- Carbenoxolene for a stomach ulcer
- Medicines which help remove fluids from the body (e.g. water tablets).
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Contains 7.7vol% ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 600mg per 10ml dose, equivalent to 15ml beer, or 6ml wine per dose. Harmful to those suffering from alcoholism. To be taken into account in children, pregnant women and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epileps
- It contains glucose and sucrose. Each 5ml dose contains 1.53g sucrose, to be taken into account in patients with diabetes. If you have been told by your doctor that you haev an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- It contains sodium methyl, sodium ethyl, and sodium propyl hydroxybenzoates (E215, E219) which may cause an allergic reaction (possibly delayed).
Liek all medicines Covonia Chesty Cough Mixture Mentholated can have side effects, although these don't effect everyone.
Possible side effects are:
- Allergic reactions such as dermatitis, skin rash, flushing and itchy lumps.
- Higher sodium salt and water levels within the body.
- Low blood potassium levels within the body
IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY TAKE TOO MUCH see a doctor straight away.
Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
- Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last date of that month.
- Return any unused medicine to the pharmacy for disposal.
Do not store above 25°C.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Levomenthol, Squill Tincture and Liquorice Liquid Extract
Active ingredients: levomenthol 4mg, squill tincture 0.6ml, liquorice liquid extract 0.125ml.
Also contains: peppermint oil, anise oil, capsicum tincture (capsicum oleoresin, ethanol), sucrose, liquid glucose, magnesium aluminium silicate, sodium methyl, ethyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoates (E215, E219), glycerol (E422), caramel (E150), purified water.