Free beauty box worth £50 when you spend £50
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
The active ingredient of Corsodyl Dental Gel is chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of dental plaque and is used to:
- Treat and prevent gum disease
- Maintain mouth hygiene
- Promote gum healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Control recurring mouth ulcers
- Manage denture sore mouth and recurring oral thrush
- Prevent cavities for those at high risk of tooth decay
Adults and children over 12 years of age
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Do not swallow.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Toothpastes can stop Corsodyl working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl. You can also use the gel at a different time of day.
Gum disease: Brush your teeth for at least one minute once or twice daily using 2cm of gel. Continue the treatment for about one month.
Mouth ulcers and oral thrush: Apply gel directly to the sore areas using your finger tip or a cotton bud once or twice daily for at least one minute. Continue use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
Denture sore mouth: Smear gel lightly over the fitting surfaces of the dentures before insertion; cleanse and soak the dentures in Corsodyl mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily or as directed by your dentist.
Dental surgery or tooth decay: Use as directed by your dentist.
If your symptoms persist, see your dentist.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (see further information).
- In children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Anywhere other than in your mouth. Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears.
- Immediately after brushing your teeth. See usage instructions for more details.
- Do not bleach fabrics that have been in contact with the gel.
- You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Corsodyl can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
- Stop using the gel and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or have difficulty breathing. These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
- Stop using the gel and tell your dentist if you get irritation, soreness or swelling of the mouth.
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the teeth. This can normally be removed by brushing. You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine - especially one hour after use, and by brushing daily with toothpaste (see usage instructions.) If staining continues it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can clean your dentures with denture cleaners.
- You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the gel. This usually goes away with continued use.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Do not store above 25ºC.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Corsodyl Dental Gel contains 1% w/w Chlorhexidine Digluconate.
Also Contains: Hydroxypropylcellulose, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sodium acetate, Levomenthol, Peppermint Oil, Isoprpyl alchol and purified water.