Corsodyl Alcohol Free Mouthwash - 300ml
2 for £7 on selected Corsodyl
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults
Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine digluconate.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
The active ingredient of Corsodyl Mouthwash is chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of dental plaque and is used to:
- Treat and prevent gum disease (where gums may bleed when brushed)
- Promote gum healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Control mouth ulcers
- Maintain mouth hygiene
- Manage oral thrush and denture sore mouth
- Use only if seal on cap is present and intact before opening.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet before using this product.
For oral administration only. Do not swallow and do not use more mouthwash than the label tells you to.
Use twice a day. Fill the cap to 10ml line. Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute then spit out. Toothpastes can stop Corsodyl working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl. You can also use the mouthwash at a different time of day.
- Gum disease: A one month course (600ml) is recommended.
- Mouth ulcers & oral thrush: Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
- Denture sore mouth: Clean & soak your dentures in Corsodyl for 15 minutes twice a day.
- Dental surgery: Rinse as directed by your dentist.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (see further information).
- In children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Anywhere other than in your mouth. Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears.
- Immediately after brushing your teeth. See usage instructions for more details.
- Do not bleach fabrics that have been in contact with the mouthwash.
- You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Corsodyl can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
- Stop using the mouthwash and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or have difficulty breathing. These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
- Stop using the mouthwash and tell your dentist if you get irritation of the mouth, soreness or swelling of the inside of the cheeks.
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the teeth. This can normally be removed by brushing. You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine - especially one hour after use, and by brushing daily with toothpaste (see usage instructions.) If staining continues it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can clean your dentures with denture cleaners.
- You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the mouthwash. This usually goes away with continued use.
- If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs, dilute Corsodyl with an equal amount of water.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Store below 25ºC.
Use only if seal on cap is present and intact before opening.
Use within 3 months of opening.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v.
Other Ingredients: Glycerol, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sorbitol Liquid (Non-Crystallising), Peppermint Flavour and Purified Water. Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate may cause skin reactions.