CalCough Infant Syrup - 125ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Children 3 months and over. br>Active ingredients: 0.75ml Glycerol in every 5ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
CalCough Infant Syrup is a soothing syrup which relieves the symptoms of dry, tickly coughs.
Children 3 months and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use
Check the information below to see how much medicine to give.
For oral use only
Do not give more than the stated dose shown below.
Babies under 3 months: Do not give to babies under 3 months
Children from 3 months to 5 years
Children 3 months to 1 year: one 5ml spoonful
Children 1-5 years: Two 5 ml spoonfuls
Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days, consult your doctor.
If anyone has taken too much: contact a doctor or your nearest accident and emergency department (casualty), taking this pack with you.
If you forget to give the medicine: if you forget a dose, give the next dose when needed. Do not give a double dose.
Hazards and Cautions
Before giving this medicine to your child:
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not give your child this medicine:
- If s/he is under 3 months old
- If s/he is allergic to any of the ingredients
- If your child has an intolerence to some sugars
- This product contains maltitol. If you have been told by your doctor that your child has an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this product. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
- Maltitol may have a mild laxative effect. Calorific value 2.3kcal/g maltitol.
This medicine is unlikely to cause side-effects unless your child is allergic to the ingredients.
If your child experiences any side-effects or you are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this product out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not store above 25ºC.
Keep the bottle tightly closed.
Do not use after the end of the month shown as the expiry date on the packaging. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Retain carton for full instructions.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredient(s): 0.75ml Glycerol
Also contains: Purified water, maltitol liquid (E965), citric acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium citrate and sodium benzoate.
The flavouring is apple.