Boots Vaginal Moisturising Gel (30g Tube & Applicator)
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 36 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Boots Vaginal Moisturising Gel provides soothing relief from vaginal dryness, itching , irritation and discomfort.
Vaginal dryness can occur as a result of childbirth, during breastfeeding or in menopause, after taking oral contraceptives or at times of stress. This lack of natural moisture can lead to discomfort, itching and irritation.
Vaginal Moisturising Gel is a colourless gel with strong hydrating properties. It contains Hydeal-D, an ester of hyaluronic acid, a natural moisturiser, adhering to the lining of the vagina, helping with repair.
Itching and irritation are often associated with minor damage to the vaginal lining, due to friction caused by lack of lubrication. The Vaginal Moisturising gel hydrates and lubricates, helping to restore natural suppleness and softness. The formulation contains neither parabens nor other preservatives.
Gel complementary to treatment for vaginal dryness of various origin; aid in the natural healing process of friction-induced microlesions in the vaginal mucosa.
Suitable for adults.
How to use
Always read the product information before use.
Please read the instructions carefully before using the product.
- Screw the applicator firmly onto the tube nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube to fill the applicator until it stops.
- It is advisable to expel a small ammount of gel from the applicator before use, so that the tip is lubricated before being introduced into the vagina.
- Unscrew the applicator from the tube and insert it into the vagina while lying on the back or crouching.
- Push the plunger until all the gel has been expelled.
- After use push the plunger in order to expel it from the applicator. Rinse away any residual gel, apply a disinfectant and then rinse thoroughly. Drain away any drops of water. Insert the plunger back into the applicator.
- Keep the applicator in the box until next use.
The frequency with which the product should be used depends on how dry the vaginal mucosa is. One application every three days for a period of thirty days is recommended, unless otherwise directed. The treatment does not require interruptions during menstruation.
Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Hazards and Cautions
- In cases of vaginal infection, consult your doctor before using the product.
- The product does not influence the results of gynaecological tests.
- This product is compatible with lubricated/ non-lubricated latex and polyisoprene condoms.
- This product is not compatible with polyurethane condoms.
- Do not use concomitantly with disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts, such as benzalkonium chloride, because hyaluronic acid can precipitate in their presence.
- Do not use if the tube or applicator is damaged.
- Dispose of the empty tube and applicator with normal domestic waste.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use the product after the expiry date shown on the packaging.
As for other products used for the treatment of vaginal dryness, small whitish and odourless discharges might occur.
Box containing one 30g tube and one vaginal applicator in a sealed pouch.
Principal component: Hydeal-D 0.2% (an ester of hyaluronic acid)
Other components: Propylene glycol, Methylpropanediol, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl glycol, Sodium hydroxide, Purified water.