Boots Pharmaceuticals Sodium Bicarbonate B.P 200g
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children over 12 years.
Active ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate 100%
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 4 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Boots Pharmaceuticals Sodium Bicarbonate B.P. is taken to relieve indigestion. Also for the relief of insect bites and sunburn.
Adults and children over 12 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
Take by mouth as an antacid.
Adults and children over 12 years: Take 1g to 5g dissolved in a glass of warm water. A level 5ml spoon holds about 5g.
For external use on bites and sunburn
Adults and children over 12 years: Dissolve a level 5 ml spoonful in 568 ml (1 pint) of warm water. Apply to the affected skin with cotton wool or lint.
Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to. If you do not get better, talk to your doctor.
If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
Do not give to children under 12 years
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
Do not take the medicine if you have:
- An allergy to sodium bicarbonate
- High levels of alkali in the blood
- Low levels of calcium in the blood
- Reduced stomach acid
- Heart failure
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- High blood pressure
- Or are taking steroids
Possible Side Effects
- stomach cramps
- increased blood pressure
- increased potassium in your blood
- fluid retention or fluid in the lungs
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on the label. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
- Adrenaline hydrochloride e.g. for severe allergic reactions
- Carmustine, used in cancer treatment
- Glycopyrronium bromide, used to reduce saliva secretion
- Isoprenaline hydrochloride, digoxin or dipyridamole for heart conditions
- Suxamethonium chloride, a muscle relaxant
- Lithium for manic depression
- Lansoprazole for healing ulcers
- Levothyroxine to treat an underactive thyroid
- Mycophenolate to stop transplant rejection
- Rosuvastatin to control cholesterol
- Chloroquine for malaria
- Hydrochlorquine for arthritis
- Penicillamine for rheumatoid arthritis
- Nilotinib to treat leukaemia
- Fexofenadine an antihistamine
- Deflazacort a corticosteriod for inflammation
- Gabapentin or phenytoin to treat epilepsy
- Sulpiride or phenothiazine tranquillisers for schizophrenia
- Non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs (NSAIDs) e.g. aspirin, diflunisal
- ACE inhibitors for heart failture or high blood pressure e.g. captopril, enalapril
- Antibacterials for infections e.g. benzylpenicillin potassium, tetacydines, rifampicin
- Antifungals for fungal infections e.g. itraconazole ketoconazole
- Antivirals for viral infections e.g. atazanavir, tipranavir
- Bisphosphonates for osteoporosis
- Or are on a low sodium diet
This product contains 1.37g of sodium per 5g dose, which should be taken into consideration if you are on a sodium restricted diet.
Do not store above 25°C.
Once opened use within one month.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredient: Sodium Bicarbonate 100%