Boots Pharmaceuticals Ibuprofen 3 Months Plus 100 mg/ 5 ml Oral Suspension - 100ml Strawberry Flavour
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 8 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
For the fast, effective relief of mild to moderate pain such as teething pain, toothache, other dental pain, sore throat, headaches, minor aches and sprains and rheumatic and muscular pain. It can also be used to relieve the symptoms of colds and flu and to reduce fever, including fever after vaccination at 3 months of age.
With dosing syringe
Children 3 months to 10 years of age
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the cap seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not give the medicine.
It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
Always use the syringe supplied with the pack. The syringe can be used to measure 2.5 ml or 5 ml by drawing the liquid to the correct mark on the syringe.
Give this medicine to your child to swallow.
|Age||How much||How often|
|3 months up to 6 months weighing over 5kg||2.5 ml||3 times in 24 hours|
|6 months up to 1 year||2.5 ml||3 to 4 times in 24 hours|
|1 year up to 4 years||5 ml||3 times in 24 hours|
|4 years up to 7 years||7.5 ml||3 times in 24 hours|
|7 years up to 10 years||10 ml||3 times in 24 hours|
Don't give more often than every 4 hours
Give the lowest amount for the shortest possible time to relieve the symptoms
For infants aged 3 to 5 months, if symptoms worsen or do not go away within 24 hours talk to your doctor.
For a child of 6 months of age and over, if this medicinal product is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen talk to your doctor.
For fever relief after vaccinations at 3 months of age: Give 2.5 ml. Give a second 2.5 ml after 6 hours, if you need to. Don't give any more medicine. See your doctor if fever continues.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose.
Directions for using the syringe:
1. Shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
2. Push the syringe firmly into the plug (hole) in the neck of the bottle.
3. To fill the syringe, turn the bottle upside down. Whilst holding the syringe in place, gently pull the plunger down drawing the medicine to the correct mark (2.5 ml or 5 ml) on the syringe.
4. Turn the bottle the right way up, and then genlty twist the syringe to remove from the bottle plug.
5. Place the end of the syringe into the child's mouth, normally to the side of the mouth between the gums and cheek. Press the plunger down to slowly and gently release the medicine.
6. If the table advises you to give more than 5 ml of the medicine, repeat steps 2 to 5 to give your child the correct amount of medicine
After use replace the cap on the top of the bottle tightly.
Wash the syringe in warm water and allow to dry.
If you need more advice ask your pharmacist.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you give this medicine
Do not give:
- If your child is under 3 months old, or weighs less than 5 kg
- If your child has a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding, or has had one twice or more in the past
- If your child is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredients in the product, aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
- If your child is taking aspirin with a daily dose above 75 mg, or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
- If your child has, or has had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems
- you are elderly
- you smoke
- you are breastfeeding
- you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
Do not store above 25°C
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: Each 5ml of oral suspension contains Ibuprofen 100 mg.
Also contains: maltitol liquid (E965), sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sodium chloride