Boots Pharmaceuticals Effervescent Health Salt (227g)
See details below, always read the label
Suitbale for:Adults and children over the age of 3 years.
Active ingredinetsCitric acid, Magnesium Sulphate, Sodium Bicarbonate
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock sold out
We're sorry, this product has sold out and we won't be receiving any further stock.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Boots Pharmaceuticals Effervescent Health Salts provides effective relief of indigestion, heartburn, upset stomach and occasional constipation.
Uses: An antacid and laxative for the relief of upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, feeling sick and for the relief of occasional constipation.
Adults and children over the age of 3 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the inner seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not use the powder.
Use a dry spoon to measure. Mix the amount recommended below with a glass of water and drink the solution, before it stops fizzing. Replace lid firmly after use.
For upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, feeling sick: Take one or two teaspoonfuls.
For constipation: Take two teaspoonfuls before breakfast or at bedtime.
Children of 3 years and over:
Reduce the amount above according to size and age.
Do not give to children under 3 years.
Do not take this medicine for long periods of time (generally more than a week).
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If your symptoms persist or worsen talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take too much of this medicine by mistake, contact your doctor or pharmacist straight away.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- If you have severe stomach problems.
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains sucrose).
- If you have heart, kidney or liver problems.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you need a laxative dose every day, or you have persistent abdominal pain, or if symptoms persist
- If you are elderly, or feel very weak,
- If you are on a controlled sodium diet (each level teaspoon of powder contains 185mg sodium).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Tetracycline antibiotics (e.g. sumycin and tetracyn)
Most people do not have any side effects while taking this medicine. However, if you experience any of the following side effects, or anything else unusual happens, stop taking the medicine immediately, and see your doctor or pharmacist:
- colic, diarrhoea and belching
- feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting)
- breathing difficulties
- slow heartbeat
- light headedness, confusion
- muscular twitches, weakness or cramps
- numbness or tingling
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this label. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Store in a dry place below 25°C and away from strong smells.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the base of the tub. Throw away any powder left 3 months after opening.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Citric acid, Magnesium sulphate, Sodium bicarbonate.
Active ingredient: Citric acid 19.5% w/w, Magnesium sulphate 17.4% w/w. Sodium bicarbonate 22.6% w/w.
Also contains: Sucrose.