Boots Pharmaceuticals Cystitis Relief Cranberry Flavour- 6 Sachets
Save 50p on Boots Pharmaceuticals Cystitis Relief
See details below, always read the label.
Suitable for: Adults and children
Active ingredients:Sodium Citrate Dihydrate 4g.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
What is this medicine for?
This medicine contains Sodium Citrate which relieves the symptoms of cystitis in women by making the urine less acidic.
This medicine is not recommended for men or children.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Read the carton for full instructions.
Dissolve the contents of the sachet in a glass of water and drink the solution.
This is a 2-day course of treatment
Adult women: Take one sachet dissolved in water. Take three times a day for two days.
Men and children: Not recommended
You should complete the 2 day course of 6 sachets.
Do not take more than the amount recommended above.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this medicine
DO NOT TAKE:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- If you have diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure.
- If you have kidney disease, or have had it.
- If you are on a low salt (sodium) diet (each sachet contains 939mg of sodium).
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains sucrose).
Do no exceed the stated dose. If symptoms persist or worsen after the 2 day course is completed, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Do not repeat the treatment without medical advice.
If you take too many sachets: Talk to a doctor.
Talk to your doctor if you have:
- Symptoms which carry on for more than 4 days after you start taking this medicine
- Symptoms which keep recurring
- Lithium for manic depression
- Methenamine for urinary infections
- Other medicines as these may be affected by taking this medicine
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some. If you get the following side effect see your doctor or pharmacist:
- Passing water more frequently
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Do not store above 25°C.
Store in a dry place.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
- Self-treatment is not appropriate for some people. Please seek medical advice before taking any product for cystitis if you are male a child, or if you are a female experiencing any of the following symptoms: vaginal bleeding or discharge, recurrent cystitis nausea, vomiting, fever, lower back pain, loin tenderness or persistent symptoms of cystitis. Seek advice before using if you are pregnant or planning to become, pregnant.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Sodium Citrate Dihydrate
Each sachet of granules contains: Sodium Citrate Dihydrate 4g.
Also contains: Sucrose, Colloidal silicon dioxide, Saccharin sodium, Cranberry flavour.