Boots Pharmaceuticals Antiseptic Liquid - 150ml
3 for 2 on selected Boots first aid products - cheapest free
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 4 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Antiseptic Liquid protects against infection and can be used:
- For the treatment of cuts, grazes, insect bites and stings, boils, spots and pimples
- For the relief of minor burns and scalds and small areas of sunburn
- As a gargle or mouthwash to relieve the symptoms of sore throats, including those associated with colds and flu, mouth infections and for daily oral hygiene
Adults and children.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
An antiseptic liquid for the skin, or to use as a mouthwash or gargle.
Before you use this medicine
This medicine is for adults and children, but may not be suitable for everyone. Do not use for prolonged periods of time, or over large areas of skin.
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
Cuts, grazes, insect bites, stings, boils, spots & pimples: Apply undiluted to the affected area.
Minor burns & scalds and small areas of sunburn: Apply undiluted to the affected area.
Adults and children over 6 years:
For mouth infections and oral hygiene: Thoroughly rinse the mouth with 15ml of undiluted liquid. Do not swallow. Use this amount two or three times a day.
For symptoms of a sore throat: Gargle with 15ml of undiluted liquid. Do not swallow. Use this amount two or three times a day.
Do not use as a gargle or mouthwash in children under 6 years.
If symptoms do not go away, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
If accidently swallowed in large amounts this medicine may cause stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea and may be dangerous. Seek medical advice as soon as possible, and take the bottle with you.
Possible side effects.
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some of these:
- Allergic reaction- difficulty breathing, swelling of the lips, face or throat (see a doctor at once).
- Irritation, allergic skin rash.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on the label. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Do not store above 30°C. Protect from light.
Do not use after the Use By date on the base of the bottle.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Active ingredient: This liquid contains Cetylpyridinium Chloride 0.025% w/v.
Also contains: Purified Water, Glycerol, Ethanol (alcohol) 8.075% w/v, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Methyl Salicylate, Quinoline Yellow (E104)