Boots Natural Senna Laxative - 60 Tablets
Suitable for: Adults and children of 6 years and over.
Active ingredient: Sennosides (total) 7.5 mg
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
What this medicine is for
A natural effective laxative for the relief of occasional constipation.
Adults and children of 6 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Read all of this carton for full instructions.
Check the foil is not broken before use. If it is, do not take the tablet.
Take the amount listed below.
Swallow the tablets with a drink of water.
Do not give to children under 6 years.
Do not take more than the recommended amount below.
Adults and children of 12 years and over: Take two tablets. Once a day, at bedtime
Children of 6 to 11 years: Take one tablet. Once a day, at bedtime
Reduce the amount you take once your bowels become regular
If symptoms do not go away talk to your doctor.
If you take too many tablets: Talk to a doctor straight away.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- If you are feeling sick or being sick, have stomach pain or have a blockage in your intestine
- For long periods of time (in general more than a week), unless your doctor tells you to
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some
If you take this medicine for a long time you may get:
- Watery diarrhoea (which may be severe), excessive fluid and body salts loss
- Changes in the bowel which may cause severe diarrhoea or constipatiom
- Muscle weakness, weight loss
- Red or yellow coloration of the faeces and urine
- Heart or kidney problems
If you get any side effects talk to your pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on this carton. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to store this medicine
Do not store above 25° C. Store in the original package.
Keep all medicines out of the sign and reach of children.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
If you need more advice ask your pharmacist.
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist. Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Each tablet contains Sennosides (total) 7.5 mg.
Also contains: Maize Starch, Tricalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate