See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
For the relief of pain and inflammation (swelling) caused by backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, pain from non-serious arthritic conditions, sprains, strains, sports injuries and neuralgia.
Adults and children of 14 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the tube seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not use the gel.
Pierce the tube seal with the point in the end of the cap.
Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, lips or nose, or inflamed or broken skin.
Adults and children of 14 years and over: Use 2-5 cm of gel (50-125 mg of ibuprofen) on the affected area every 4 hours, if you need to. Don't use more than 4 times in 24 hours.
Apply only to the skin.
Gently massage the gel into the affected area until it is absorbed.
Wash your hands as soon as you have used the gel.
Do not apply plasters or dressings over the gel.
Do not use on children under 14 years, unless your doctor tells you to.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Stop using the gel if a rash develops.
If symptoms worsen, or do not go away after 14 days talk to your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
For external use only.
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredients of the product
- If you have asthma, allergic runny nose (rhinitis) or itchy, red, raised skin rash (urticaria) and have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAIDS in the past
- On broken, damaged, diseased or infected skin
- If you are under 14 years of age, unless your doctor tells you to.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless your doctor tells you to.
Store below 25ºC.
Store in the original package.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Ibuprofen 10% w/w
Active Ingredient: The gel contains Ibuprofen 10% w/w.
Also contains: Ethylhydroxcellulose, Sodium hydroxide, Benzyl alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol, Purified water.