Boots Easy Breathing Steam Inhaler
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
When suffering from Coughs and Colds, Boots Easy Breathing Steam Inhaler can help to alleviate nasal congestion. With traditional inhalation (head over a bowl of hot water), the steam does not effectively reach the respiratory tracts and the hot water coolds down too rapidly. Also, this conventional way of inhaling steam carries a high risk of serious scald injuries.
Boots Easy Breathing Steam Inhaler is designed to make inhalation therapy easier, more effective and safer. The patented anti-spillage system offers additional protection from hazardous scalds. Due to the heat insulated double wall system, the inhalent liquid remains hot longer, enabling effective inhalation throughout the recommended 10-15 minutes time of use.
How to use
Unscrew the upper lid
Fill the inner cup with up to a maximum of 150ml of very hot but not boiling water
If desired, dissolve a teaspoon of Boots Pharmaceuticals Vapour Rub in the hot water. Be careful when handling hot water.
Screw the upper lid on to the container with handles
Insert the mask into the upper lid taking care to align with the locking groove
Keep the face at a distance from the mask at first and inhale gently
Do not cover the air vent at the front of the unit
Dismantle the cup, upper lid and mask and clean the inhaler with warm soapy water after every use.
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe and easy to use
- Suitable from 3 years
Hazards and Cautions
- Do not heat in a microwave
- Be careful when handling hot water - steam can cause painful scalds
- Take care not to overfill the container - no more than 150ml
- Do not block the air vent on the front of the container
- Keep children under close supervision when using this product
- Always stand the inhaler on a flat surface, keep upright and do not tilt
- Do not place the mask directly on to the face immediately after filling as steam may cause painful scalds. Allow water to cool slightly before reducing the distance between the mask and your face