See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
What this medicine is for
Boots Pharmaceuticals Dry Cough & Congestion Relief is to relieve the symptoms of dry and tickly coughs, blocked sinuses and catarrh. Dry coughs do not produce phlegm or mucus on the chest.
Adults and Children aged 6 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the seal is not broken before the first use. If it is, do not take the medicine.
Adults and children of 12 years and over: Take two 5ml spoonfuls 3 times a day.
Children of 6 to 11 years: One 5ml spoonful 3 times a day.
This medicine should be swallowed.
Do not give to children under 6 years.
Do not give this medicine to a child for more than 5 days, unless their doctor tells you to.
If you are treating a child and their symptoms worsen at any time, talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If symptoms do not go away talk to your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Before you take this medicine:
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to other decongestants
- If you have severe kidney problems
- If you have heart or blood vessel disease, including poor circulation in your hands and feet.
- If you have high blood pressure (including that due to a tumour near your kidney)
- If you have diabetes
- If you have an overactive thyroid
- If you have raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
- If you have difficulty breathing
- If you have a long term cough or one that produces lots of phlegm
- If you are having an asthma attack
- If you are taking any of these medicines: monoamine oxidase inhibitors, or moclobemide (for depression) or have taken them in the last 14 days; selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for depression); medicines called beta-blockers (normally for heart problems); other decongestants; other cough and cold medicines
- If you are a man with prostate problems
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have other kidney problems (see 'Do not take')
- If you have liver problems
- If you are treating a child who is prone to allergies.
Other important information
This medicine can make you feel sleepy. Do not drive or use machines while taking this medicine until you are sure you are not affected. See the leaflet inside for more information.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride , Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide
Active Ingredients: Each 5ml of oral liquid contains Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg.
Also contains: sucrose, ethanol (1.9 vol%), sodium citrate, sodium saccharin.